My name is Mrs. Currier and I am looking forward to a great year! This year I will be teaching English 9, English 11, Fundamentals of Writing and Individualized Reading . My homebase classroom is room 612.
My schedule this year:
A : Fundamentals of Writing rm 612
B: English 9 rm 612
C: English 9 rm 612
E: cafe duty
G: English 11 rm 612
H: Individualized Reading rm 622
You can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 432-6941 ext. 2714. Please contact me with any questions or concerns and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
- You will be required to have your materials with you everyday. The binders will be kept in the classroom. You will be responsible for your agenda and pencil.
- Respect your peers. No swearing and insulting others.
- The most important expectation that I have is that you try your best! I understand that everyone learns differently and that English might not be your favorite subject. I promise that I will do my best to make reading and writing fun!
- You will be expected to show up on time and complete all class assignments given to you.
English 9 Overview:
Short Story Unit (Elements of a short story, Story Cube):
- Button, Button
- The Most Dangerous Game
- The Lottery
- The Monkey Paw
- Outsiders, Stargirl, Hunger Games ( Vocabulary , Character Outline, Writing Assignments, Journaling, Reading Comprehension)
Mythology Unit (Gods and Goddess)
- Research a God and Goddess
- Read selected Myths
- Writing a Myth/ Pop-up book
- Night John by Gary Paulsen( Movie and novel)
- Graphic novel – Harriet Tubman and Underground Railroad
- Romeo and Juliet
- Background on William Shakespeare and the Globe Theater
- Watch 1960’s movie and updated 1990’s movie. ( Venn diagram of movies)
What’s your American Dream?
- Ruby Bridges
- Martin Luther King – I Have a Dream
- Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
- 5 paragraph Essay – American Dream